StorageCraft OneXafe 5410
All-Flash Storage for Your High-Performance Application Needs
Arcserve has acquired Storagecraft. Please visit our Arcserve site for the latest Arcserve's products
Get a Quote!
StorageCraft OneXafe is a converged scale-out storage solution, unifying enterprise-class data protection with storage management. OneXafe simplifies data management, while delivering enterprise-class features and providing a comprehensive primary and secondary storage solution.
StorageCraft is reimagining storage with OneXafe 5410, an all-flash scaleout object-based storage solution that delivers the simplicity of NFS and SMB and that’s optimized for virtual environments. OneXafe 5410 provides scale-out storage for high-performance, unstructured data and backup targets for instant restores in less than a second. It can be configured to serve primary storage for virtual workloads, unstructured data, or secondary storage with high performance needs.
With its unified storage architecture, OneXafe reduces management and operational costs for primary and secondary storage. Additionally, it solves common storage pain points: complicated installation, cumbersome storage management, lack of data security, and forklift upgrades. Without the shackles of a legacy storage architecture, StorageCraft’s clean-sheet approach combines OneXafe 5410 with OneSystem, an elegant multi-tenant cloudbased management service.
- Scale-out object-based file system for non-disruptive capacity and performance expansion with near-zero configuration
- Inline deduplication and compression to maximizes primary storage utilization without performance impact
- High performance with minutes of RPO for virtual and physical
- Easily manage on-premises OneXafe in any location from any browser
- Cloud-based OneSystem provides realtime storage and health monitoring the state of every OneXafe node, installed disk drive, network, remotely replicated storage and more
- Expand storage dynamically and easily – no forklift upgrades
- Always-on continuous data protection (CDP) capability snapshots every 90 seconds and immutable object-store ― safeguard your data against ransomware or user errors
- Encryption at rest
- Multi-site remote replication, can be defined on per-share basis, enables finegrained data recovery
- Real-time replication enables protection against multiple drive failures, ransomware, and disaster recovery
StorageCraft is reimagining storage with OneXafe 5410, an all-flash, scale-out, object-based storage solution that delivers the simplicity of NFS and SMB and that’s optimized for virtual environments. OneXafe provides scale-out storage for high-performance, unstructured data and backup targets for instant restores in less than a second. It can be configured to serve primary virtual server storage, unstructured data, or secondary storage with high-performance needs.
With its unified storage architecture, OneXafe reduces management and operational costs for primary and secondary storage. Additionally, it solves common storage pain points: complex installation, cumbersome storage management, lack of data security, and forklift upgrades. With OneXafe’s continuous data protection and its immutable object store, your data is resilient against ransomware or user errors, ensuring that the information is always recoverable. Without the shackles of a legacy storage architecture, StorageCraft’s clean-sheet approach combines OneXafe 5410 with OneSystem, an elegant multi-tenant cloud-based management service.
A number of configurable options are available with OneXafe, whether it serves as storage only, or it comes with data protection options.
Configure to serve primary production data storage or secondary storage for applications with high-performance needs.
Integrated Data Protection
Eliminate data silos. Enable and configure enterprise-class data protection with scale-out storage, and enjoy simplified management.
Storage on the Go
OneXafe employs a seamless scale-out cluster architecture supporting one or multiple OneXafe nodes and a single global file system. It delivers the flexibility for organizations to mix-and-match SSDs types (SATA, SAS) and capacity within the same OneXafe node and within a OneXafe cluster. As business storage requirements change, OneXafe is extremely agile; simply add any number of drives, at any time, and in any capacity granularity to meet your storage requirements. OneXafe automatically pools the new storage within the existing global storage pool. No disruption to applications or users. No configuration settings to complete. No mouse clicks. No command line entries. No storage PhD required.
Scale-Out Storage for Virtual Environments
OneXafe uniquely supports VMware environments by enabling virtual machines to utilize scale-out NFS datastores. Consolidate multiple NFS datastores into a single OneXafe Cluster and scale to multiple PBs with OneXafe’s advanced data reduction.
- High Performance: OneXafe 5410 is an all-flash array for consolidating performance-hungry virtual machines.
- More Capacity: Simply scale-out OneXafe by adding drives or OneXafe nodes and the virtual servers instantly aquire additional storage capacity— with near-zero configuration.
Features & Benefits:
Agile and Affordable
OneXafe’s agile ability to add storage at any time comes with the additional benefit of delivering significant cost savings. StorageCraft’s bring- your-own-drive philosophy treats drives as a commodity, enabling you to purchase drives at retail. Avoiding the 10x markup from legacy storage vendors quickly results in substantial cost savings compared to other storage solutions. Combined with OneXafe’s powerful inline deduplication and compression, storage utilization is maximized and waste is minimized. The net result is an enterprise-class all-flash storage solution at $0.30/GB.
Flexible Multi-Site Replication
Implement disaster recovery with asynchronous multi-site replication. Employ a flexible one-to-one, one-to-many, manyto-one bi-directional replication architecture with multiple OneXafe clusters. Implement exactly the configuration that suits the business needs of geographically distributed environments. Only deduplicated and compressed data is replicated, ensuring the transfer is bandwidth efficient. Other vendors require the source and target storage infrastructure to be identical. StorageCraft does not impose any such restrictions for the utmost flexibility.
Ease of use is not an afterthought with OneXafe. It is easily installed in less than 15 minutes, provisioned, and available to serve data with one-click configuration. Simply insert at least two drives, plug in Ethernet, and power it on. It’s that easy. To add more storage, simply add drives and the capacity is added to the same global storage pool. To increase availability or performance, additional OneXafe nodes can be added and automatically configured without interruption to applications or users. This provides organizations with non-disruptive scalability for their business.
StorageCraft’s distributed file system is built on top of a finegrained content-addressable, distributed object store with a hashed cluster architecture that has small but variable-sized immutable objects as its foundation. This underlying technology allows OneXafe Cluster to fully protect the stored information without legacy RAID technologies. OneXafe transparently replicates and intelligently distributes the data objects across multiple drives within a failure domain and protects against both drive and OneXafe failures. In case of failure, data objects are redistributed and rebalanced to ensure full protection.
Integrated Data Protection
OneXafe offers organizations the option to enable and configure enterprise-class data protection with secondary storage. It provides flexible deployment to accommodate various workload requirements. At the same time, it significantly reduces costs associated with primary and secondary storage as well as data protection software. OneXafe removes the need for siloed solutions, minimizes costs incurred from both standalone hardware and software solutions, and eliminates redundancy in management.
The high-performance, scale-out OneXafe 5410 addresses the I/O blender effect in virtual server environments. Provisioning, managing, and scaling out NFS datastores is simple with no configuration required.
Login/boot storms can bring any storage to its knees in a VDI environment. Not so with all-flash scale-out storage. OneXafe’s powerful storage reduction technologies, such as inline deduplication and compression, keep the storage footprint in check.
OneXafe 5410 delivers the performance required to improve recovery time objectives (RTOs) significantly at a price point that is comparable to legacy disk systems.
At the core of OneXafe is a patented distributed object-based file system that delivers universal data access by providing NFS and SMB access to users and applications. Data protection services are directly integrated into OneXafe's distributed file system, delivering powerful backup and recovery, with a work flow optimized for simplified management. OneXafe tightly integrates with StorageCraft Cloud Services, with a single click it provides business continuity of data, network, and application recovery in StorageCraft's Cloud.
OneXafe's architecture is designed from the ground up and is a collection of interconnected, scalable, and easily manageable microservices that deliver robust data protection and storage access. It consists of three main components: Data Protection Services, Agents, and StorageCraft OneSystem. OneSystem is the management framework that orchestrates and manages the activities within Data Protection Services. The Data Protection Services deliver storage access and data protection procedures including backup, restore, replication, and storage. Agents are adapters for protecting physical servers and virtual machines (VMs) to deliver higher SLAs.
|OneXafe 5410 Specifications|
|System Input Requirements||100-240 V AC, 10.7 – 4.2A max|
|Power Supply||Hot-pluggable, redundant 750W power supply units|
|Weight (empty, no disks)||49 lb. (21.9 kg)|
|Space Requirements (W x H x D)||17.08 x 1.68 x 29.74 in. (434 x 42.8 x 75.55 mm); for x4 / x10|
|Hard Drive Type||2.5" SATA (6 Gb/s) / SAS (6 Gb/s and 12 Gb/s)|
|Operating Temperature and Humidity||10° C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F)|
|Cooling||8 variable-speed fans|
|File Service Protocols||SMB (1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0); NFS v3|
|Gigabit Ethernet Ports||4 x 10GbE BASE-T OR 4 x 10GbE SFP+|
|USB Ports||USB 3.0 (front)|
|Remote Lights-Out Management||iDRAC via 1GbE port|
|Electromagnetic Emission and Compatibility||FCC Class A, EN 60950-1 or EMC, CISPR 22 / CISPR 24 and EN 55022 / 55024, EU, India, Ukraine RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU, EU REACH|
|Drive Bays||10 x 2.5 in. drive slots, hot swappable|
|Max Raw Capacity||38 TB (10 SSDs rated at 3.8 TB each)|
StorageCraft OneXafe is a converged data platform that unifies enterprise-class data protection with scale-out storage in an easy-to-use, configurable solution. For businesses looking to protect and manage their data in heterogeneous environments, OneXafe eliminates complexity and provides flexible deployment to accommodate various workload requirements. At the same time, it significantly reduces costs associated with primary and secondary storage as well as data protection software. By providing a converged solution, OneXafe removes the need for siloed point solutions and minimizes costs incurred from standalone hardware and software offerings.
At the core of OneXafe is a patented distributed object-based file system that delivers universal data access by providing NFS and SMB access to users and applications. Data protection services are directly integrated into the distributed object store, delivering powerful backup and recovery, with a work flow optimized for simplified management.
OneXafe tightly integrates with StorageCraft Cloud Services, with a single click it provides business continuity of data, network, and application recovery in StorageCraft's Cloud.
There are a number of configurable options available within OneXafe, from primary storage, to secondary storage, to enterprise-class data protection combined with secondary storage. It is seamlessly administered with OneSystem, our simple, intuitive, yet powerful management service. OneXafe enables ease of implementation for both powerful data protection and optimum scale-out storage.
- Convergence of data protection with primary & secondary workloads
- Designed to break down the data silos in storage and data protection
- Improved management simplicity
- Reduced cost of ownership
- Greater visibility across workflows
- Eliminate Operational Complexity
- Reduce Cost of Ownership
- Enable Powerful Data Protection
- Deliver Scale-Out Storage on the Go
- Provide 100% Business Continuity (with DRaaS)
OneXafe includes a multi-purpose storage appliance that can be configured based on your business needs.
- Converged Secondary: Enterprise-class data protection enabled and configured with secondary storage, reducing management complexity and operational costs.
- High Performance Storage: Scalable storage for high performance unstructured data and backup targets. Can be configured to serve primary storage for virtual workloads, unstructured data, or secondary storage with high performance needs.
- Capacity Storage: Scalable storage for large scale unstructured data and backup targets. Can be configured to serve as secondary storage for your backup needs.
In the case of disaster, OneXafe ensures business continuity with a complete, orchestrated virtual failover to the cloud in one click, when used with our Cloud Services. OneXafe's tight integration with the cloud makes recovery of the entire infrastructure simple, quick, and seamless, while offering the highest service level agreements (SLAs) with one throat to choke.
Features and Benefits
Converged data platform
- Unify data protection and scale-out storage for management simplicity and reduced acquisition costs
- Reduce cost with simple site licensing model
Object-based distributed file system
- Scale non-disruptively with zero configuration:
- Add capacity granularly to accommodate dynamic growth
- Grow capacity on-demand with no upfront investments and no forklift upgrades
Inline deduplication & compression
- Achieve high data reduction rates resulting in smaller storage capacity footprint, reducing overall TCO
Continuous data protection
- Simple online recovery of previous versions of files from space-optimized snapshots
Encryption at rest
- Safeguard the data
Efficient multi-site replication
- Implement cost-effective DR across multiple sites with 100% data integrity
Optimize workflow for SLA-driven data protection lifecycle:
- Manage explosive growth in data and virtualized applications
- Set & forget policy for protection and management
- Global view of recovery points
- Single view to schedule/manage local backups, onsite/offsite replication, retention schedules, and DRaaS
- Proactive error detection and alerting
- Single workflow to protect and manage both physical and virtual infrastructures
- LA-oriented reporting and analytics
Reliable recovery & data integrity
- Best-in-class certified VSS integration for app-consistent data protection
- Automated, advanced reverification of backup images along with inflight verification ensures dependable backup images
- Smart retries, and self-healing repairs ensures service reliability
- Retained metadata for improved recovery experience
- Cold-file access and recovery
- PKI-based encrypted channel communication for ensuring data integrity
- Recover in milliseconds using VirtualBoot intelligent read-ahead technology, irrespective of the VM size
- Recover files or folders in seconds and entire systems in minutes
- Direct recovery to primary store means no Virtual Storage Motion and no performance impact during recovery
Recover to dissimilar hardware or virtual environments:
- Ensures that recovery is timely & quick (v2v, p2p, v2p & p2v)
- Utilize resources at hand. No waiting for any specific resources
- Powerful host- and on-hand agent-based data protection, complete with physical and virtual system recovery
Ensure total business continuity with integrated DRaaS from StorageCraft:
- Orchestrated, one-click virtual failover
- Self-service portal with no 3rd party intervention during recovery
- Replication and disaster recovery as a service
- Seed and BMR drives, and web download
Simplicity in Management
This cloud-based management service for ShadowXafe and OneXafe makes oversight powerful, simple, and intuitive.
Manage from Anywhere
With this intuitive OneSystem management service, get real-time monitoring, reporting, and visibility from any location.
Features and Benefits
Eliminate the need for dedicated servers and software upgrades. Manage your OneXafe or ShadowXafe from any location and from any web browser with this secure cloud-based management platform. Whether you are responsible for one location or many, OneSystem empowers you to manage the entire storage infrastructure, simply and securely.
Global Multi-Tenant Architecture
OneSystem was designed to support every OneXafe and ShadowXafe, regardless of geographic location. Securely manage multiple discrete organizations’ information. OneXafe or ShadowXafe is deployed on-premises so the information is closest to the application for performance, while OneSystem is cloud-based for scalability and for accessibility from any browser anywhere.
OneSystem continuously monitors the health and status of OneXafe and ShadowXafe so you can rest easy. OneSystem receives real-time updates about OneBlox hardware, software, and network connectivity--all the information that’s critical to supporting organizations’ data.
World-Class Proactive Support
Get peace of mind knowing Support is watching over every OneXafe and ShadowXafe deployment. By constantly monitoring, we often identify and solve storage challenges before customers realize there’s an issue. This proactive approach means we can rapidly address any application disruptions.
The best storage management decisions are based on information. Get a global view into of your organization’s storage infrastructure, including reporting and trending of storage capacity, data reduction ratios, remote replication, and recovery point objectives.
Choose to use Private OneSystem, a hybrid solution offering OneXafe and ShadowXafe storage management deployed as a virtual machine within your data center while leveraging the same proactive cloud-based monitoring and support capabilities.
Download the StorageCraft OneSafe 5410 Series Data Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
Get a Quote!